today...
Tuesday 29 January 2008

IKEA gives me ideas

Ok I'm officially excited! Today I was discussing with Nicholas about 'breakfast in bed' tables since we both just got new laptops and since using laptops while in bed is so much more comfortable. So just now, I was looking through the IKEA catalogue... and just because of getting a new laptop, I've decided to re-do my whole room IKEA style!

I can't wait to go home home, and go crazy in IKEA and buy lots of furniture to fill up my room. I want a new table, and I'm going to buy lots of those cheap colour photo frames AU$4.95 and put photos galore in my room...
I'm going to buy a bookshelf and then buy boxes and books and stack them up like crazy... I would so love to get this bookshelf (AU$327)... but I doubt it would ever fit in my room, and besides I don't think I have nearly as much junk to fill it up!

Yay for green boxes! ... love it at AU$11.95 to fill up my Billy bookcase!


A green desktop lamp at AU$16.95 !

Even a new mirror AU$7.95 to place above my chest of drawers or somewhere...


The bedside table at AU$25.00 will be more for my laptop if I want to use it in bed =)


A new table at AU$79.00 ... Then some decorations like vases with flowers or something would be nice at AU$9.95.




A new lamp shade for the ceiling at AU$3.95...


Maybe even a cheap $9.95 rug for fun would be nice...


And this green mug at AU$4.95... I liked it the last time I saw it =) so I'll add that to the shopping cart too.
My room will be my little haven and I don't have to camp out in the study room anymore in the freezing winters! All in all, it would cost me $501.60 if I had all that - and if it would all fit into my room!

The problem lies in the configuration of my room since I have a wardrobe that's dead set and only one power outlet... and I have a double bed which takes up a lot of room, so I might consider getting a king single bed since I don't even move around a lot when I sleep so then I'll have more space. I don't know, do they trade in beds?

If I make my room too cosy, then I'll never want to move out of home! haha
Damn... I love IKEA catalogues. They give me so many ideas.
And all because of a new laptop... I'm going to re-do my whole room - maybe I'm also all talk and no action because... no money!


today...
@12:22 am

the author


♥ samuel tan
♥ she really likes green stuff.
photography is one of her on the side hobbies (when she has time) ♥
♥ lomography and toy cameras
she ♥'s teacups and homeware
she is a skinfood addict... and nars lover! ♥
she hates super dislikes the cold.
she ♥'s 45 degrees in perth.
she enjoys reading autobiographies.
she would ♥ to travel around the world... one day.
she is a child of God ♥
... and she gets called a lot of names!

tweets what's on your mind
wishlist ♥


(not in any order)

♥ bb9700
♥ d&g - rose the one
♥ 50mm f/1.8
♥ elise whipstich
♥ facial

bye bye~